cats eyes...

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
was wondering how would i make my cats eye colour really stand out? or change the colour of their eyes?
also if i wanted to make the picture plack and white with just the cats eye colour in colour how would i do this without cutting the eyes out then placing them back on when the picture has changed to black and white?
i hope i made sense lol.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well...the way I'd do it is one of two ways. Either take the colour picture and then make a layer on top of it, make the top layer black and white, then cut out they eyes on the first layer, and colour eyes will be visible. If you can't do that, then I would take the black and white picture, and I would put a mask around ear eye, and then add colour to that small masked section. You will have to make your black and white image, a colour image in theory. It will still look black and white, but it will accept colour. That's how I would do it in Photoshop. Now, I also have a program that allows you to easily colourize an image, but I don't think the colour comes out as brilliantly as it does on Photoshop

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could always copy the photo, and then change it to b+w. Once you've done that, put the b+w layer above the colour one and just erase the eyes.

To change the colour I'd do the same, but change the hue/colour them in on the colour layer.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by horseygal90

You could always copy the photo, and then change it to b+w. Once you've done that, put the b+w layer above the colour one and just erase the eyes.

To change the colour I'd do the same, but change the hue/colour them in on the colour layer.
that is the easiest way, but make sure you use some feathering on the edges of the cuts so it looks more natural

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by horseygal90

That's pretty much what I said, although I would use the mask tool to remove the black and white eyes, but either way would work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
well while i was waiting on a reply i tried the cutting the eyes out way, it worked then i used colour ballance to change the colour sort of. thanks for the replys, let me know what you think of this please.

take no notice of the hat , i didnt get that right yet lol

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
However, she did say that she only had a black and white picture, that is why I suggested BOTH options. If she only has a black and white picture then she will have to mask each eye & then add colour and saturation to it, to bring out the the eye colour.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not really because it would be a 'shade' cats eyes are not white or black so a layer brushed with colour over the eye set to hue or colour as a layer style would work (I have done it before)

Tasha, on the one you posted I would burn the black part of the eye so it looks black, also the hat looks like it was resized differently length vs width, it would look better if more proportionate. A great try though

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
nope i had a colour picture to work with , i wanted it black and white with the eyes being colour.
yea i know i have to do the blacks im gonna work with that in a min, the hat i know is way off lol will be fixing that aswell.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

not really because it would be a 'shade' cats eyes are not white or black so a layer brushed with colour over the eye set to hue or colour as a layer style would work (I have done it before)

Tasha, on the one you posted I would burn the black part of the eye so it looks black, also the hat looks like it was resized differently length vs width, it would look better if more proportionate. A great try though
Actually, it works both ways. Here is a black and white Pix of Simba. I colourized one of his eyes, just by masking the eye and then playing around with the colour and saturation settings.

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You see, I've never used masks before and never felt the need to... They confuse me