Cat's eyes get slightly cloudy overnight. I need help in first aid.

skyeyoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, 

I am Skye, my cat sneaked out a day ago and after searching the entire neighborhood to no avail, he came back home on the very same day he went missing. Screaming as he was followed and bullied by a bigger street big boss cat. Smelly and wounded, I carefully bathed him and thorough search for any serious wounds and I found a few not so serious scratches. But I noticed he is squinting his eyes. I carefully used a moistened cotton pad (for my daily facial routine - toner lotion step) wipe his eyes from the bottom corner of his eye to the upper corner of his eye. Then, a day after that I noticed something made me panicked his eye only one eye get slightly cloudy (a very light greyish like on the inner eye. However, it is sunday all shops are closed. I dunno what to do. But he seems better than yesterday, the squinting gets lesser as well. I am now had just started to use Ilium Opticin eye ointment. Is there anyone had the experience with cat eye problems?? Coz previous cats had conjunctivitis but I managed to nursed them getting better. But a sudden eye cloudiness this is the first. Will he gets better??  

mybff

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If his eye is still cloudy, I would take him to the vet. I would only use water moistened wipes for his eyes unless told differently by a vet. My cat once got an eye laceration, I had to keep her in and not allow her to jump down from anything and give her antibiotic eye drops and anti inflamatory eye drops, the vet was worried the eye could rupture but it healed well. Her eye was cloudy also, but now looks fine. It took several weeks to heal.:)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is there an emergency clinic? Eyes can go bad very quickly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyeyoung

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Dear peaches08, 

There is no emergency clinic in the area and I need to arrange a transport with my friend whom leave a few hours away. However, because of the threads about cat fight injuries and stuff the first aids I taken from them helps. And currently the cloudiness reduced and getting much better. The vet clinic I used to go had gone to some cases where they actually accidental murdered a dog during grooming session. That is why I am traumatized to go back there. I am searching for another clinic currently. Will have him checked when my friend coming over. T^T scared the hell out of me. T^T 

Thanks for the comments. It makes me less panic. 

SkyeYoung