CATS DO GET STUCK IN OUTDOOR TREES

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My kittie is 3 years old. She is always indoors with regular perching in an enclosed patio,occasional leashed ground walks and backyard sits in a large kennel. Recently, she slipped out of her leash and decided to stroll. She encountered a feral cat, but I decided to leave that alone and go inside. I was calling her and calling but she insisted to stroll. YEAH:vibes: Shorty, I heard her familiar chip. I looked outside and she was in the tree 25 feet High. and the feral was at the base. I came to her rescue. I realized she could not climb Down. My question , Is it true when you see on old movies ( Police get Kittie's down from trees? :lol3: ) Thank goodness it was at night, so the neighbors would not see how STUPID I looked climbing that tree. ,TOO. :lol3:

ohws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
 Thank goodness it was at night, so the neighbors would not see how STUPID I looked climbing that tree. ,TOO.
I would have no problem climbing a tree for a cat, but for me, not looking STUPID is sufficient reason not to walk a cat on a leash.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sa'ida Maryam

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
HaHaHa:lol3::woohoo: I really happy she came back to her yard. And is safely indoors.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are afraid of coming down from a tree because they want to come down head first and their claws don't grab the bark. The feral in this case was enough to keep your cat from attempting it. The police and fire department won't rescue cats from trees, but there is an organization in the Pacific Northwest that will rescue cats from those gigantic trees they have. http://www.canopycatrescue.com/