Cats declawed?

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taryn

It's just really kind of a crap shoot with renters with pets. Most of the time they are either really good or really bad and all it takes is one bad one to spoil the landlord from ever renting to anyone with pets again.
It really is. We've always left an apartment cleaner when we move out than it was when we moved in. When we lived in Iowa our apartment complex was subject to city inspections...The inspector couldn't believe we had 3 cats, she said normally they would smell it in the hall (i.e. cat pee smell
).

We've also seen some of the trashed by pets apartments when apartment hunting. My DH went to look at one that he said it was so bad you could smell it when you walked in the building.

I'm so glad we were able to buy a house.
Finding rentals that took 3 cats and weren't a total dump, was very very difficult. And I don't think I could ever be a land lord. My aunt & uncle did that for a while, and they were very glad to get out of it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Taryn

I said it doesn't show they are responsible pet owners.
That's true. But it helps reduce the impact of that irresponsibility. And at least they're only irresponsible with one pet instead of one pet and her hundreds of babies.