Cats comical behavior

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

My Felix can be so comical,while hes sitting or even lying on wet muddy grass, he will then decide to wash himself at the same time

I,d love to hear about all your cats funny behavior

Jackie

jojo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I got Dani Night Stalker, 2 months ago, she was very skittish. Since I work, I tried to buy her toys that I thought would keep her occupied. I found out her love is paper bags... not the entire bag but a little piece torn off and rolled into a ball. She'll play with it for hours, batting it around. She pushes it just out of reach near a chair or table leg and then takes her front paws to pull herself around the leg to pounce on it. Sometimes, she puts the ball between her paws and puts it over her head then rubs her head against it. It's as if there was catnip rubbed on it.
She used to unravel them but now she's learned not to chew so hard so it'll stay round.

Sometimes, she'll bring it to me so I can throw it and we play fetch. I know when she wants to play fetch with it when she lays on her side. If I try to pet her (also a "I'm laying her for petting" sign), she puts her paws on my arm and pushes me away. She's even sat next to the bed in the morning with it in her mouth.

The ball sometimes ends up against her stomach and she curls in a ball with her back leg stretched over her head. The gymnastics are hilarious. If I just pick it up, she comes right to me no matter what she is doing [I have to be sure she's not using the litter box at the time, made that mistake once]. If I don't throw it, she'll start meowing. I've even seen her sit up on her hind legs and beg for it like a dog.

Jo

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Jo, your little cat sounds delightful
Its funny that she has become attached to a ball of paper,Felix loves wool,even if I put a toy mouse on the end of it,he prefers the wool.

Ahh its great that she will play fetch with you. You will have to take a photo of her playing with her ball of paper, i'd love to see her

Jackie

boo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
These are the best threads! I love hearing all the cute things other peoples cats do. Some of the weirdest things are very common.

Basil likes to jump up onto the fridge then behind and up onto the pantry. When he's up there, he looks down on us mere mortals, smirking. (I will have to take a picture of him up there, he's at his most beautiful) Anyway, when he's up there if I tap my hand on the top of the pantry door in front of him, he does THE HEAD DANCE . He swings his head side to side, like one of those crazy 80's rapdancers. Then he launches a claw-free attack on my hand, ending with licking all my fingers.

Jo, Basil also adores the paper ball. Before we had Tasha, it was the one thing that would save my legs from the ambushes. :laughing2

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Adel, Basil sounds so cute, oh the things they get up to
Felix dose his ummm how shall I put this, wee wees on the lawn,and continually scrapes away, as though hes trying to cover it up, I could understand if it was soil

sheba

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone...I'm new here and I wanted to share a story about what my youngest cat, Chairman, does. She loves to play with my hair ties, elastics, and "scrunchies," and she throws them around the house to play fetch by herself. Once she grabs it, she flings it back behind her, and then tries to chase it on her hind legs. It is hysterical to watch her entertain herself like this! I wish I could capture it on film.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Drop by the Cat Lounge and introduce yourself.

Chaiman Mao sounds too cute! It must make you laugh until you cry to see her chasing the scrunchie on her back legs! :laughing2

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Leo is a beautiful red tabby about 20 lbs. He will put his huge paws over his eyes if you turn the light on while he is sleeping or if he is scared. I took him to the vet for tests and when he saw the needle, he dropped to his belly and covered his eyes. It was so cute, the vet almost couldn't bear to stick him with it. He has had chronic cuteness since the day I found him and is still the cutest of the 4. He is a big poser and loves to have his picture taken. He seldom just flops down anywhere. He has to arrange himself just right to be cute, usually in a doorway so we have to step over him. If you step over him and don't tell him how pretty he is, he will cry like you stepped on him. Such a ham!

coffeepaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Casey has realized that I sleep about as lightly as she does, so a pitiful meow gets the bedroom door opened, whereupon she leaps on the bed, and licks my head and face until I awaken. But its not breakfast she wants (well - not always), she just wants me off the pillow so SHE can sleep there.

Then she gives ME annoyed looks when I turn on the lights to get dressed...

Other stunts include trying out whatever I am drinking - tea, coffee, wine, beer, etc. We've some cute pictures of her daintily dipping her paw into a wineglass, as if at some dignified dinner party.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently got Snowball a Drinkwell Pet Fountain. He really seems to like it. Whenever I take it apart for cleaning, Snowball becomes very anxious until it is put back together and filled with water!

jacquiefaith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 7 month old, Jinxy, will eat anything, and I mean anything, we put in front of him or that he can find on his own. Last month, I had a cold and cough and went to bed with Vicks Vap-O-Rub on my chest. I was awakened to Jinxy frantically licking it off of my body like it was the best treat he had ever had!!! I kept shoving him off of the bed, but he kept coming back for more. I couldn't tear him away from it!!! I fianlly had to wash it off of me, because I couldn't bear to kick the little cutie out of my room. Those crazy, crazy critters!!!!

betsy 103

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My two year old male cat loves to clean his younger (but larger) sister. Occasionally he gets his paw in a deadlock around part of her to keep her in place while he's licking her. Well, in the AM he usually licks my hand and my arm while I'm in bed and I keep moving because his tongue is really bristly. Recently, when I tried to move -he extended his paw over my arm and released his claws slightly and applied just a little pressure to my arm and held it down. I thought that was so funny! Maybe he thinks he's grooming me too!

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol, awww ar,nt cats funny,at this very moment Felix is still washing himself, on our wet muddy lawn, hes puddled

vjoy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dani likes to go into the tissue boxes and crumple up the tissues.

She also likes to go into the pantry when we let her, and peak out from behind the door.

One of her favorite places is under the bed. Sometimes, you can only see her feet sticking out from under the bed skirt. It is the CUTEST thing!!! :LOL:

If you ask her a question, she also meows just at the right moment sometimes, or yawns :LOL:

One time, my husband was talking about his career, he is an Actuary.
He was wondering if it was all worth it. Well, at the same time, Dani climed up onto the top of the computer monitor, and at the EXACT RIGHT MOMENT, reached over and put her paw on the degree that my husband got from his profession. Now how is THAT for a message!!

I just think she is adorable when she is playing, funny in just about all her playful pursuits. Unfortunately, she has not played since she came back from her ear operation

I hope this will resolve.

jacquiefaith

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Val, I'm sure in time she will be feeling better and will begin to slowly play again. I hope that is soon.

Jinxy also loves to hide under the bed and he thinks I cant find him, but his fluffy tail is always sticking out!!!

He also loves to play in the bathtubs in our house. In the master bath though, we have a big jacuzzi tub and when we moved to the house, he naturally climbed in. We were looking all over for him one afternoon, and suddenly we heard som meowing in the bathroom. Turned out he was in the tub and could not figure out a way to climb out. He wasn't in there for very long though but it was the cutest thing ever!

Also, he sleeps in our bed at night. He's pretty good, but early in the morning he will wake up and want to play, so he brings his toys in the bed and swats us on our faces with his furry little paws to wake us up to play. It is absolutely precious, and on many occassions I oblige even though I am tired because it is so incredibly cute!!

-Jacquie

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
George, or GEORGEDAMMITGETDOWN, as we sometimes call him was SO naughty this morning. I was having coffe this morning and heard him on the counter. I was still half asleep and didn't figure there was anything he could bother. I forgot about the pint of cream next to the coffee maker. He had knocked it over and was standing with all 4 feet in the puddle, licking madly, trying to get all he could before I caught him. He crouched down trying to hide and when I finally got to him, his tummy, paws and tail were dripping. It was so cute! It would have much cuter if he hadn't run off the counter and through the house, leaving a trail of cream behind him!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Snowball has a round plastic toy with slots on the sides and top, and a fabric covered mouse inside. Snowball has to swat at this mouse to make it spin around. After he has done this for a while, he will sit and stare at this toy like he is waiting for the mouse to start moving on its own.

aristocat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lol,My Felix still likes climbing fences even though hes now 16, but he wobbles alot and starts meowing to come down, and I think,well why did you climb up then Felix

jojo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aristocrat, that's easy. He climbed up there so you could lovingly bring him back down