Cat’s Claw has bump where the nail meets skin

Oford21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!

My cat Ivy’s claw has a red bump at the base of her nail. I noticed tonight she was licking at it and then when I looked further noticed a red bump at the nailbed. Basically on the top of where the claw meets the skin. I’m trying not to push on it etc too much but I did check and the nail is healthy along with her paws- no discoloration etc. I also checked all other claws and they are all fine. Just that 1 claw. She is playing and running around like normal but has been licking at it periodically so I know it’s kind of bothering her. Thoughts on what this could be? This is the first night I’ve seen it and since she seems to be acting normal I was going to monitor it for a couple of days and then call the vet if it hasn’t gone away? I uploaded a couple pictures as best as I could get- let me know your thoughts! She may have just irritated the nail which caused the bump? Thanks in advance!! ❤

Attachments

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you try sending the photo to your vet?

When my cat had swelling on their feet, it was allergies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oford21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did you try sending the photo to your vet?

When my cat had swelling on their feet, it was allergies.
I was maybe going to call them and send the pictures over tomorrow since I just saw it tonight- it’s hard to see but it looks like it’s just the one claw that the bump is over. I’m not sure on the reactions with allergies but I’d think the whole paw would swell if it was some type of allergy reaction but again not totally sure. Appreciate your response!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I was maybe going to call them and send the pictures over tomorrow since I just saw it tonight- it’s hard to see but it looks like it’s just the one claw that the bump is over. I’m not sure on the reactions with allergies but I’d think the whole paw would swell if it was some type of allergy reaction but again not totally sure. Appreciate your response!
For my cat it was just a few toe nail beds at a time that swole up and it was a food allergy. Cats get the oddest reactions to things sometimes!

Looking forward to hearing what the vet says about the photos. On feet it can really be anything