Cats chewing house plants

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a lot of house plants and would like to know if there’s something I could spray on them (plants 🤣) that wouldn’t harm the plants or cats but keep the cats away.
I have small rocks placed on the soil but how can I protect the leaves?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are sprays out there in pet sections that are bitter and discourage cats, you might research them on the internet. Or provide them with their own pot of oats or cat grass, they would really enjoy that. But be prepared for a mess, you might just put it out when they can be supervised. cats don't like citrus, you might squeeze some lemon juice in some water, put it in a spray bottle, and spritz your plants, or sprinkle some black pepper or cayenne powder on the leaves, they would only nibble once!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wouldn’t put pepper or cayenne, maybe try lemon and I’ll research the Internet.
Thanks

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can try soaking cotton balls in lemon juice, orange juice or lime juice, and placing one or two in each pot. Cats are repelled by citrus, and using the juice is safer than using a citrus oil spray, which can be toxic if your cat happens to chew a sprayed plant.