Cat's butt suddenly getting soaked in pee after going potty

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok that's good. It could very well be him squating differently now..I'm happy things are going well. I'm glad you are going to still take him just to be sure though. I'm glad you have a resolution for it as well. Keep us posted. BTW what's his name? Just so you know pictures are always welcome. We love the kitty pictures.. lol

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sonnys_sonnet

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update! I just came back from the vet. Everythings good health wise. Word for word the vet said "He has perfect bladder/urine health." And that he couldn't notice any physical issues with him. I asked about a potential kidney issue and he said that he'd be able to tell from the sample, but that he looked fine.
He's been getting pee on himself again even after a shave and mixing litters. So the vet suggested that he could just be changing up the way he goes to the bathroom. He also suggested that it could be anxiety and something causing him to shift while going. He recommended a medicine for anxiety, but before trying that that we should try different litters.
Since the issue is still present, i'm going to try pellets, and if that fails, then a full litter box of corn litter rather than a corn and clay mixture.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update! I just came back from the vet. Everythings good health wise. Word for word the vet said "He has perfect bladder/urine health." And that he couldn't notice any physical issues with him. I asked about a potential kidney issue and he said that he'd be able to tell from the sample, but that he looked fine.
He's been getting pee on himself again even after a shave and mixing litters. So the vet suggested that he could just be changing up the way he goes to the bathroom. He also suggested that it could be anxiety and something causing him to shift while going. He recommended a medicine for anxiety, but before trying that that we should try different litters.
Since the issue is still present, i'm going to try pellets, and if that fails, then a full litter box of corn litter rather than a corn and clay mixture.
I'm really glad to hear that it isn't health related!! That is amazing. Hopefully he isn't experiencing any anxiety and he is just squatting differently. I'd think if it was him squatting differently that it would get him wet every time.. Anyway that is me just trying to analyze every single thing that could be wrong.. I do the same thing with my kitty. I always want to make sure every possible health issue is ruled out lol I'm a worrier.
Anyway I hope the litter change does it for him.
Again I am so glad it isn't a urinary or bladder health problem. Please keep us posted.