Cats bored off toys.

catladylou

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have lots off cat toys for my three cats but the promblem is they don't play with them no more. Even when i buy a new one they have a few goes and thats it. Do any other cat lovers have any idea thanks

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried catnip? Have you tried playing with them with the toys?

molanic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitties really don't play much with toys that are just left out for them. We have to have special play time where I play with them. All three kitties have a slightly different style of play and they have to be "in the mood". I think it helps if the toys are put away until you get them out to play with them. I think the way you play with them is more important than what the toy is. The more it taps into their hunting behavior of stalking, chasing, leaping, etc. the better. Just moving a toy like prey with my hands and having it disappear under or behind something is often enough to peak their interest and get the pupils dilated!

My kitties favorite thing now is just ping pong balls and balls of tightly crumpled up thick paper of about the same size. They like to have me toss them high over their heads and leap up to bat them out of the air or catch them. They also like to play goalie while I try to slide the balls past them as fast as I can. Sometimes they run and hide behind a corner so they can do a surprise attack when the ball goes sliding past them. I also found that the ping pong balls will roll between the handrail and wall on the stairs. They like to try to run up the stairs and knock it off the track before it gets to the bottom.

While the toys get old, the people activating those toys can keep things fresh. Thankfully they get tired of running and jumping around the same time I get tired of crawling around on the floor retrieving toys!

You can't get any cheaper and easier than a paper ball. Thats good for me since my one kitty has a fascination with putting his toys in the water bowl!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have lots off cat toys for my three cats but the promblem is they don't play with them no more. Even when i buy a new one they have a few goes and thats it. Do any other cat lovers have any idea thanks
I have the same problem. It drives me mad.

mteche88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I like to tie toys up on a fishing pole And cast it out. My grandpa's outdoor make cat go nuts over it. I usually tie a fake lizard on the end.