Cats Bonding?

xx18xx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I had a litter of kittens who all found homes at 4 months old. I even kept one. A now 6 month old male kitten named Dixon. I had to take back one of his litter mates(Mia) because her new family had some medical issues come up. My problem is I never planned on keeping her so I found her a good forever home & she meets them tomorrow(9/22/16). I've had Mia back for 1 week after being gone for 2 months & Dixon has really taken to her. I'm afraid that when she leaves he's going to be heartbroken. Can they already be bonded after a week? It took them a few days to get to how it is now. It wasn't the minute they saw each other again. My plans were to get him a play mate who is actually from the same mother just a different litter(4 months apart in age).Will Dixon take to the younger kitten like he has Mia? I

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a litter of kittens who all found homes at 4 months old. I even kept one. A now 6 month old male kitten named Dixon. I had to take back one of his litter mates(Mia) because her new family had some medical issues come up. My problem is I never planned on keeping her so I found her a good forever home & she meets them tomorrow(9/22/16). I've had Mia back for 1 week after being gone for 2 months & Dixon has really taken to her. I'm afraid that when she leaves he's going to be heartbroken. Can they already be bonded after a week? It took them a few days to get to how it is now. It wasn't the minute they saw each other again. My plans were to get him a play mate who is actually from the same mother just a different litter(4 months apart in age).Will Dixon take to the younger kitten like he has Mia? I
If he is so bonded to Mia, would it be better to keep her instead of getting him a new playmate later?