Cats Been Puking For Two Days

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m back y’all. It’s been a while since I said anything about my cats. But Salem has found a home and momma cat chills on our porch. However my girl Callie has been vomiting for going on two days now. It’s all been a yellowish color filled with food. Some looks undigested and some looks digested. She vomited probably 3-4 times yesterday but today she’s been puking a lot.
I’m not sure what to do. I’ve just taken her food bowl away for the night and I’ve given her her own bowl of water.
Any more advice? Anything I can give her to help her upset stomach? I love my cats and I don’t want anything bad happening to her.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear Callie is having this health problem. Just out of curiosity, does she go outdoors where she may have come into contact with a sick cat? I understand your concern and would strongly suggest contacting your vet. Please keep us updated on her progress. :alright:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bri1976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No. Callie and the one in my profile picture are strictly inside cats. She has never stepped foot outside.
I think she may have been eating too much because I leave down an automatic feeder but it's still strange because I've had the feeder for probably two years now but it she's just now started puking.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I think she may have been eating too much because I leave down an automatic feeder but it's still strange because I've had the feeder for probably two years now but it she's just now started puking.
If she's been using the automatic feeder for two years and just recently started vomiting then that would be a red flag for me that it could be a health problem.
Please contact your vet and explain her symptoms to them. Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious. :crossfingers:

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I concur with the others, something is wrong with Callie, and she should be seen by a vet. A full scale blood work (CBC, Chem Profile) is in order.
A yellowish color in the vomit is probably bile - worthy of concern enough to have some tests run.
How old is she?

Last edited: