Cats are weird

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats been doing this new thing where she'll keep her distance then 5 minutes later run right up to me and want to be around me, for example if she sees me she'll just sit at a distance then if I close a door she'll come right up to it throwing a fit about wanting to be let in.

CatladyJan

<><
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats been doing this new thing where she'll keep her distance then 5 minutes later run right up to me and want to be around me, for example if she sees me she'll just sit at a distance then if I close a door she'll come right up to it throwing a fit about wanting to be let in.
Cats want what they can't have lol

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper does something like that when he wants us to play with him or give him attention.

If I'm in the kitchen, for instance, Casper will sit near the kitchen door and look at me. If I go over to pet him, he'll walk away and move about ten feet down to hallway, toward the living room. If I follow him, he'll move to the living room and just sit there, looking at me. If I follow him again, he'll go to his play area in the living room and sit next to his toy box.

It took some time for me to figure out what Casper was doing but I finally realized that he wanted to play. So, I got out one of his favorite toys (a rope made from yarn) and began snaking it around. He jumped on it, immediately!

Now, when Casper wants playtime, he'll sit and look at me. If I follow him to the living room, I'll ask, "Do you want me to 'make it go?'"
("Make it go" refers to his rope toy. I make it "go" so he can chase it.) If he hears the key word "Make it go," he'll respond with a look that seems to say, "Yeah!" That's when I know it's "game on!"

Maybe your cat is doing something like Casper does.

Maybe she wants to play or give her attention and she's leading you somewhere to have some fun.

Casper also does a similar thing when he wants to be fed. He'll lead us toward the shelf in the kitchen where we keep his food. If we ask, "Do you want to eat?" he'll rub against the corner of the cabinet and we'll know that's what he wants.

Could be that your kitty wants a treat or something?

It could also be because she wants to show you something. Maybe she caught a mouse or something and she wants you to come and see.

I don't know exactly what you cat wants but it certainly seems like some sort of soliciting behavior.

Maybe you should slowly follow her and see where she lead you.

What if she found a pot of gold and she wants to show it to you? ;) ;) ;)