Cats and marshmallow beds

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I hope they both love it! I like to buy Christmas goodies for my cats too. I should think about starting to shop for them.
I got them personalized stockings and ornaments for the tree.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was in the pet store today for Delilah's kibble. I saw one of these beds on sale and decided to snag it with some trepidation. Delilah has been very weird about all cat beds except her condo top. This one is a larger squishier version.

When I came home I put it on my bed and put my bed. Since she likes my pillows and lately my fluffy robe, I decided to try putting my head on it and using it as a pillow. Half hour later Delilah came into my bedroom and jumped on my bed. She started sniffing the marshmallow bed so I sat up. Delilah sniffs at it, pokes at it, then....

20201114_180902.jpg

20201114_213105.jpg

She only got out of it for dinner. I have to figure out where to put it for bedtime.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I couldn't wait until Christmas to see Boone and Gracie's reaction so I opened it. I should have known who would like it and who would attack it. :rolleyes: It says to put it in the dryer for a few minutes to fluff it up. I had to practically wrestle it out of Gracie's grip so I could throw it in the dryer.
20201115_101559.jpg
20201115_101631.jpg

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought Gracie was finally accepting the bed. Boone was half in half out of it and Gracie was actually laying next to it. But around midnight, she woke me up attacking it again. :ohwell:

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Gracie has finally made peace with the marshmallow bed. Well... at least she isn't attacking it anymore. And yesterday I did find one of her "babies" (mice) in the bed but Boone could have done that.
20201119_024837.jpg

ZombieTiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Kitten doesn't have a bed, but he has a large fleece blanket with one of the sides similar to the fluff on the marshmallow beds (only a little more whooly), and he loves it.

Sometimes it seems like he goes to it just to make bisquits before going somewhere else.

I honestly think it's one of those small things that made him comfortable here rather quickly. Even when he was shy around me, he would still go to his blanket on the sofa to cuddle/relax even with me right next to it and slept there the first night.