Cats and Cabinets. What's up with that?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

A simple idea...I keep all cleaning products and any other kitty no-no's in the cabinet under the kitchen sink. The cabinet doors open from the center, so to prevent any risk of my girlies trying to check it out, I rubberband the cabinets together by the handles. This way, they can't be opened unless the rubberband is removed.
I applied the rubberband method to my bathroom cabinet doors, which is where I keep the hazardous stuff: it worked - for awhile. Geronimo & Maverick weren't deterred: they just kept pulling on the door till the rubberband got stretched out, and they could squeeze their way in. So then I used one of those stretchy hair bands that you use for ponytails, b/c I figured they were stronger and they wouldn't be able to stretch them out as easily as a rubberband. WRONG!! They just worked at it longer, till they pulled those out of shape, too.

BRATS!!

Maverick is especially fond of going into the cupboards (for privacy, I suppose), and God forbid if he can't have one to call his own. So I just gave up, and let him have his own under the kitchen sink, where I removed all the dangerous stuff. He's a happy camper, now..

SPOILED BRAT!!

~kk~

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The baby latches have kept my cabinet creepers out of the bottom ones, but the top ones... (don't worry, the med bottles are all childproof capped
)

I still haven't figured out how she got in the top of the pantry shelf (the one she was on that time is at least 6 ft off the floor-lol).

leesestyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

The baby latches have kept my cabinet creepers out of the bottom ones, but the top ones... (don't worry, the med bottles are all childproof capped
)

I still haven't figured out how she got in the top of the pantry shelf (the one she was on that time is at least 6 ft off the floor-lol).
wow!

this whole thread has me laughing... i can't BELIEVE how smart y'alls cats are! i always thought murphy was smart but i guess not! lol... he doesn't know how to open cabinets nor is he remotely interested.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But why worry about being thought smart when you are as beautiful as he is? Just stay out of the dark cabinets- be out in the light where your public can adore and spoil you!

He's gorgous! Is his nose pink? Cute!

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Worriedmommy

Welcome to the "cabinet kitties" group.
Hopefully you don't join the "toilet paper shredders" group as well.
Or the "Kleenex tissue shredders" group too.

leesestyle

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

But why worry about being thought smart when you are as beautiful as he is? Just stay out of the dark cabinets- be out in the light where your public can adore and spoil you!

He's gorgous! Is his nose pink? Cute!
lol
murphy says, "thank you very much!"

yes, his nose is pink. i hate being one of those mothers but he is pretty gorgeous, i have to agree.
God help me when i have real kids... *i whispered that so murphy couldn't hear...he doesn't know*

your baby is very pretty too! i love calico cats.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just found this thread and I'm now a member of the cabinet kitty group....

Last week I found one cabinet ajar and just thought it was a fluke. Well last night when I got home from work, 5/6 kitchen cabinets were open (with my stash of plastic bags all over the kitchen..) and 1/3 in my bathroom! So I closed them all and went to sleep. Well this morning...I found 2 open in the kitchen and one on top of my fridge!