Catio Water Fountain Help

Htrag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! New to this site and was looking for any recommendations. I'm building a house and as part of that I am creating a 8' by 6' catio which my 5 cats will be able to enjoy. The catio will be outside the house and enclosed but open to the air. I'm in AZ so it gets warm here (there is a roof over the catio (custom built to fit it) so they will have shade.

My issue right now is that I'm having some trouble finding a suitable fountain for it. I want a fountain that I can install which is safe for the cats, provides good access to the water both in a pool and flowing and that can be hooked up directly to a water line so there is continual fresh water for them.

Any recommendations?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, the best cat forum on the Internet. We would love to learn more about your five furkids (names, colors, etc.) in the Meet My Cat section. Also, you can get ideas for the entire project in Grooming and General Cat Care.

On topic: Because you live in a hot dry state, bigger is better for catio fountains. I have no experience with this, but Amazon has many multi-cat styles (inluciding at least one for five cats IIRC) in various sizes. Rule out all plastic fountains to avoid chin acne. Steel is probably best because ceramic is so heavy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Htrag

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, the best cat forum on the Internet. We would love to learn more about your five furkids (names, colors, etc.) in the Meet My Cat section. Also, you can get ideas for the entire project in Grooming and General Cat Care.

On topic: Because you live in a hot dry state, bigger is better for catio fountains. I have no experience with this, but Amazon has many multi-cat styles (inluciding at least one for five cats IIRC) in various sizes. Rule out all plastic fountains to avoid chin acne. Steel is probably best because ceramic is so heavy.

Thanks - that's good to think about with the plastic. Steel could be good. Maybe even a copper fountain if I want something more decorative.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I did a little more shopping and realized Etsy might be a good place to look because then you are dealing with crafts people who probably could add a hose hook up. Cat fountain | Etsy

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I would expect that to be very expensive though. The hose needs to be under the floor so it never gets in the way.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure about the fountain but please post pics of your catio when finished. :lovecat3: