Cat

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! 

What a beautiful cat, I am not expert like Zed but someone will help you. You should post new thread "describing cats" there are great advisers and members who are very knowledgeable.

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your cat is likely a mixture of many things if he doesn't have papers. BUT the description of his color would be a "lynx point". I have one too :) They are very exotic looking and you are lucky to have found one! Usually cats with blue eyes have a Siamese ancestor somewhere. I would call him a lynx point mix/moggie

ellag

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
looks like a siamese-DSH mix to me and a very pretty one! love the blue eyes!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is very apparently a tabby point, or Lynx point as they say.  Prob medium-haired.  My guess he is a domestic.

But what look alike, is another question.  

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with GhibliTheCat (that's a fingerful to type!) and ellaj.  Probably the best you're going to do is Domestic Short Hair, Lynx Point.  Basically, a mutt with really beautiful, fancy markings.  With very few exceptions, cats are all similar in body and head shapes, with only subtle differences,  that it often takes an expert to tell who's who and what's what. 

I can tell one colorpoint from another, but it can be tricky to tell one long haired colorpoint from another in many cases.  Both Rexes look remarkably similar, and either can resemble some La Perms. 

~GRIN~  I can reliably pick out a Lycoi or a Sphinx when the wind is from the north!

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I agree with GhibliTheCat (that's a fingerful to type!) and ellaj.  Probably the best you're going to do is Domestic Short Hair, Lynx Point.  Basically, a mutt with really beautiful, fancy markings.  With very few exceptions, cats are all similar in body and head shapes, with only subtle differences,  that it often takes an expert to tell who's who and what's what. 

I can tell one colorpoint from another, but it can be tricky to tell one long haired colorpoint from another in many cases.  Both Rexes look remarkably similar, and either can resemble some La Perms. 

~GRIN~  I can reliably pick out a Lycoi or a Sphinx when the wind is from the north!
I agree! Mamanyt1953, What color of lynx point do you think lllisa's kitty is? I'm seriously an amateur  at this, but I'm guessing a seal or chocolate? I may be totally off. 

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so torn here.  In the kitten photo, he looks more like he's going to be a chocolate or seal when he grows up, but in the second adult, he looks maybe like there is more a silver/gray coloring.  So...blue?  Maybe lilac?  But he's definitely not any of the reds.  Lynx point, for sure.  The rest is up for grabs.