Cat Yowling, Rubbing, Rolling, And Twitching

Ohnomycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I adopted cats in early August that cannot seem to stay healthy for their lives. One of them recently started meowing and sometimes yowling constantly (he woke me up yowling at 5:00 am today). He has been unusually rolly and has is rubbing up on my hands or computer pretty constantly. He's not as playful as he usually is, has pooped outside of the litter box a few times recently, and sometimes keeps his back legs bent in a really weird way. I've already spent well over $1000 at the vet in 2 months of cat ownership so I really don't want to take him back for a long time. Would anyone have any idea what's going on?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Not enough information to go on - sorry. You have more than one cat - but seem to be focused on one of them. Are they neutered? How old are they? What was the $1000 spent on? Give us some more details, and there are loads of us that will try our best to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ohnomycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Not enough information to go on - sorry. You have more than one cat - but seem to be focused on one of them. Are they neutered? How old are they? What was the $1000 spent on? Give us some more details, and there are loads of us that will try our best to help.
Thanks. This is a 7 mo old male cat who (since I've had him) has had (likely) giardia, ringworm, some type of gastrointestinal bacteria issue that necessitated antibiotics, and now he's acting very strange and is likely in pain. He keeps lying down with his back legs haunched slightly up, and he's walking around in a sort of slouching fashion with his belly lower than the other parts of his body.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree. If you are concerned about the vet, and what you received so far in terms of care, ask for your records and take him to another vet. Something has not been resolved.

Sandy Beach

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ouch. My boy did that when he had a urinary blockage. I hope that’s not your boys issue. How’s he doing tonight? We’re you able to get him into the vet? I agree that he should be seen asap.