Cat won't stop getting on my kitchen table

arr

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Get a bottle of Ssscat and put it on the table when you finish eating. It senses motion, and will shoot a puff of air at the cat. This is a no-fail solution. Neither of my cats get on the table or counters now.

Ssscat
I agree completely. This is the one thing that really works for tables and countertops.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WOW! I haven’t been on this site I’m a few days, and I have so many helpful responses!

I decided to rearrange/get rid of some furniture in our dining room area and was able to make juuuust enough room for a 4ft cat tree with 2 beds, a hiding spot and multiple cat scratchers. I don’t know yet if it will keep her of the kitchen table, but both cats absolutely adore it, and I have high hopes. It barely fits, and looks a little awkward in the space, but it’s worth it too see them enjoying it so much. Hopefully since they now have somewhere more appealing to go, they’ll stay off the table!

Thank you all for your help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just in case someone stumbles across this forum with the same issue as me, I just wanted to give a quick update. Unfortunately, the cat tree did nothing to deter my cat from sleeping on the kitchen table (both cats like it though, so it's not a waste!). However, as some of you suggested, I purchased the Ssscat Spray Deterrent, and it seems to have solved the issue! For those who don't know, it's basically a can of compressed air with a motion sensor on it. When the kitty walks by, it sprays a quick burst of air and (hopefully) scares the cat away from the area. I used it ONCE and my cat has not gotten back on the table since. I have used this product in the past on a different, less skittish cat, and it didn't seem to have an effect on her, so this solution might not work for everyone, but I still wanted to share!

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just in case someone stumbles across this forum with the same issue as me, I just wanted to give a quick update. Unfortunately, the cat tree did nothing to deter my cat from sleeping on the kitchen table (both cats like it though, so it's not a waste!). However, as some of you suggested, I purchased the Ssscat Spray Deterrent, and it seems to have solved the issue! For those who don't know, it's basically a can of compressed air with a motion sensor on it. When the kitty walks by, it sprays a quick burst of air and (hopefully) scares the cat away from the area. I used it ONCE and my cat has not gotten back on the table since. I have used this product in the past on a different, less skittish cat, and it didn't seem to have an effect on her, so this solution might not work for everyone, but I still wanted to share!
Told you so. Lol