Cat Won't Stop Attacking Our Feet When We Sit Down

Overd0se

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Our cat has developed a bad habit recently and I'm not sure how to get her to stop. She's about 9 months old now and this started maybe a month ago.
Anyways, this isn't a problem with her pouncing on our feet when we're walking around, rather this only happens when my girlfriend and I are sitting on the couch. Our cat will come over, lay down by one of our feet and kind of casually start clawing the foot she's laying by.
At first I thought we just needed to tire her out, but playing with her until she's tired doesn't seem to help, I'll play with her until she's falling asleep, but as soon as I stop and sit down she'll come over and start doing it.
We've also tried getting up and walking away when she does it, that kind of works but most of the time she'll just come back in a few minutes and start doing it again.

I'm really not sure what to do now, she never did this until recently and it's making things hard because we can't sit down and relax when we're at home.
Also, I didn't mention before but she only seems to do this when we're both at home, if it's just one of us she doesn't really do it.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh she's found something fun! Kittens can be holy terrors, especially at her age. She will grow out of it. Since the other techniques aren't working try rewarding her with a treat when she doesn't attack. I know it seems impossible because it feels like she's always attacking, but there must be a moment when she's not. Have the treats with you every time you sit on the couch. She should learn quickly that she won't get one if she claws at you. And, she will grow out of it... eventually.

Munki

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Spray your feet with Bitter Apple. The cat won't like it anymore.