Cat won't eat treats?

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I recently took in a new cat (andromeda), shes 4 years old and has been slowly warming up to me and my wife. We have been trying to intro her to our other 2 cats, and it's going alright, they are making (slow) progress.

We think it would help to give Andromeda treats during moments her and the other cats are interacting, but the problem is.... She wont eat any!

We have tried: raw chicken, cooked chicken, pill pockets, wet tuna, dehydrated chicken liver, dehydrated salmon and a dehydrated rabbit ear...

Any ideas? Preferably for healthier treats, I would love to find something she likes!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

florine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: attempted dried seaweed (a fav of one of my cats lol) and dehydrated beef liver (a family fav)

No luck ):

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some cats just don't care for treats :dunno: One of my cats is like this. Try a reward of catnip or just a good head scratching and praise.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Is there a specific food your cat likes. You could just use a small bit of the regular food for a treat.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats don’t like the healthier treats and prefer Nine Lives or Temptation treats. As an occasional small treat they are fine.

HollyWillow VT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my kitties don't care for treats, either. The ONLY thing she ever wants is play or brushing.

ACTUALLY...now that I think about it, she also loves chewing on a matatabi stick while we hold it (she doesn't care about the stick unless we're holding it). I wonder if that might be a nice "treat" (and mini-bonding opportunity?)

Good luck!