Cat Won't Eat Raw Diet Anymore

kristy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Titan has decided he no longer wants to eat his raw food.the only way we have found to get him to eat it is to crush up some freeze dried duck food and then what ever it touched he will eat He has been on raw food food for 2 1/2 years Is this a normal thing for a cat to get sick of it

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he getting a variety? If not, then yes its very normal. He needs a few different flavors and proteins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We do turkey and pork and duck as he's allergic to all chicken. He just gets bored of food so fast and then litterally would starve himself than eat the meat. He's also won't eat near any of our other animals he used to eat so fast and now just slowly licks it Do we need more variety than that?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess you can try rabbit. Cats seem to like that. And as far how much variety, that's up to him lol. Is the raw food fresh? As in, it hasn't been in the freezer for more than a few months or in the fridge for more than 3 days? They can sense that too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kristy13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I guess you can try rabbit. Cats seem to like that. And as far how much variety, that's up to him lol. Is the raw food fresh? As in, it hasn't been in the freezer for more than a few months or in the fridge for more than 3 days? They can sense that too.
No it's always more fresh than that He just so darn picky of a cat.