cat won't eat,drink,

petmum16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New to this site. Not sure how to navigate yet. Prroblem: male cat dropped serious weight last few days. Very boney. Today started vomiting a lot, and has watery stools. Very muscle week and I have no money for emg vet hospital visit. He is only 3 and neutered. Losing fur...it seems to be thinning. Trying every 10 minutes to feed baby food and high calories booster along with water and is taking it in, but no interest on his own.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
can you syringe feed him? He needs to get some food in him. Do you have any pepcid a/c? If you can go to the drug store and get some 10 mg tablets, you can give 1/4 of that only and it should help with the stomach upset. Does he feel like he's running a fever? When you say dropped serious weight in a few days that, I'm sure it took a little longer than that if it's a lot as sometimes it's hard to tell. 

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry about your kitty. Continue force feeding him. He really needs a vet. Could you call a few vets and ask them to let you make payments? You could try Care Credit. Or borrow from somebody?

Wishing him good health.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petmum16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a couple cats with my oldest at 19 years old. He was eating yesterday but I am serious when I say he dropped it fast. His name is Tip Toes and was a muscle mean cat . So maybe to be Frank....he lost a lot of muscle weight.

finnlacey

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Regardless you need to get some calories in him fast! Do you know how to syringe feed with regular food? Do you have a blender?

brillobee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Cats can get into serious trouble, when they don't eat. I know, I'm dealing with it now. Please feed him some blended wet food with a syringe. It's really easy and will save you from some serious and costly problems.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

petmum16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Tippy is showing a schmidgen of improvement today. It was hard because I had to be at work at 2 am this morning and had to leave him. My son was nice enough to come over and care for him while I was at work for 10 hours. Still has no interest in water or food. My son said he ate a few morsels of food on his own but still too weak to go to the litterbox. He takes a few steps and lays down. He is sitting up more but his body feels cool to the touch. Been keeping him on the warming bed. He hasn't vomited since his last bout yesterday evening. That is good. Went to Petsmart today and beefed up his GNC nutritional diet. Put in emg call to my vet and will get him in first thing in the morning. Fingers crossed. Thanks to all who responded. Happy Holidays.