cat wont eat after apartment move

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i moved on june 18th. my cat hasnt been eating well since then. i was told it will take a while for her to adjust to the new place but i figured she would by now. she was eating better but now i feel like she took 2 steps back in her eating habits. her behavior is good she just wont eat. has this happened to anyone? if so how long did it take for the cat to go back to normal?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I assume she is eating but just less? I'm not an expert by any means. I'd assume that her things came to the new apartment with her so she has familiar scent around her? If you live in a large apartment you may want to set up a cozy place in a smaller room, use some feliway or something similar and make it a quiet, calm space. You could sprinkle some of her favourite treat on her food. 

kellylee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi I have a cat that I got off someone ad they did not tell me she had fleas I have put flea treatment on her yesterday ad its looks like its not working how long does it take to work ad when can I bath her

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as she is eating some that helps. Make sure she is getting familiar food in the same spot so she gets a routine going, cats hate change and it will take a while, possibly a month or more for her to get used to this tremendous change in her life. Your cat is very scared and unsure of herself, but is trying to act normally like all cats do. A month is not long at all in cat time, so I'm confident that with patience and lots of love and attention she will come around soon. If you feel she is losing weight or truly is not eating enough,you might try offering smaller meals at different times of the day for a while to tempt her, or trying some Gerber baby food, all meat, turkey or chicken is good, and see if a special treat will tempt her to eat. Right now, all you need is time, all the luck!

lovechestnut

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ah, I moved on June 20 and we had the same problem. Let me tell you it's temporary, she needs to adjust to her new surroundings, and just like Chestnut, she'll get back to her normal self after 5-7 days.