Cat With Urinary Blockage And Complications

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried an all wet food diet for my male cat after his UTI and it got him peeing like a champ. But the problem is, he throws a holy fit when he doesn't get his crunchies. He acts depressed and cries, a day without kibble is a day without sunshine to him. So I just decided to still give him the dry food, but limit it to less than half a cup. Right now I'm trying out a Urinary dry food by Purina. It's not prescription, but we'll see how it goes. He still gets his wet food too, of course.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that kind of bothers me that the vet is expecting to get UTIs. Unless he has a history, the likelihood of him getting them is a little higher now but it's not a common thing. My girls have been with me for 8 years and none of them have ever gotten any. The only pet I had that ever got a UTI in the last 11 years was my little 2 lb guinea pig named Coco that ONE time.

If you would like to monitor the boxes you can try Pretty Litter, but it's a little weird to work with and for some people the expense just isn't there. Stacy at Petsweekly gave me that you can sprinkle on top of the litter for a pH check.

We're over the 90 day mark and Tom gets his raw 5 times a day, Cranberry Relief once a day every tuesday and saturday, and I try to get him a serving for bone broth with his last meal every day.

I can ask my friend if her cat Fry ever got a UTI. I think his PU was done 4 years ago.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can ask my friend if her cat Fry ever got a UTI. I think his PU was done 4 years ago.
Fry actually had his done 6 1/2 years ago and has never ended up with UTI after his PU.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may look in to the Pretty Litter. Yet, he hated Yesterday's News and was holding it for over 26 hours. Now that he is back to regular litter he is going 3x a day.

Is Cranberry Relief a supplement you give? I have been looking and not found anything that cats seem to like. I too use bone broth.

Is this the supplement?

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes that is the stuff. I think it's twice a day for 2-3 weeks and then one per day two days per week. He doesn't notice it at all. I even put it in my other boy's food and he didn't notice either. I tried it. It's a hint of sweet and cats can't taste sweet.