Cat with outward pointed toes?

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an over one year old cat who his front legs seem uh very pointed out and sometimes looks a bit well super flexible. His brother doesn't have this
but he has thicker legs then him. He isn't limping or anything but sometimes isn't the best with jumping up on things. He's a big boy at 12lbs but very long and quite a bit tall. Was just wondering if this is normal or not since all my other cats never had this. Not sure if its breed related since he's a domestic longhair and his parents were short hairs so just carried the longhair gene.

2020-03-05 02.22.21.jpg
2020-03-03 12.04.44.jpg
2020-03-03 12.33.18-2.jpg

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's a dancer. That's third position. 😹

My Krista has turnout when she crouches.

If it doesn't seem to bother him or hinder him, that could just be the way he sits. You could always bring it up with the vet next time he's in. But I wouldn't worry about it unless it impedes his mobility.

Cats are weird.

All cats are different.

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Have you asked your vet about it?

My boy used to sit like that, but he was polydactyl so I assumed he was adjusting his stance for his “thumbs” (he may be doing it in my profile picture, I’d have to check).

Your kitty is gorgeous!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now vets are only asking you to come in if there's an issue so I'll have to wait to ask, they dont need their yearly exam until october. Maybe by then everything will be back to normal.

And thank you :) he really is and the sweetest thing <3

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Right now, given his age, the fact it is not an issue for him, and everyone's current life situation, I would just bring it up on the next vet visit in October. Even take pics every now and then of his feet to see if you notice any positive/negative changes over time - and keep some to share with the vet. Obviously, if you notice drastic changes in the near future, that can change the course of your plan. Either way, the vet can take some x-rays of his legs/feet to see if any anomalies show up and you can go from there.

He is so adorable, btw!!