Cat With Lymphoma And Steroids

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's amazing, we have a few things in common. I also have another cat, he is 18 and has never had a personality though we still love him. He sleeps in his hiding spot 24/7, had him since shortly after birth but the complete opposite of our character Seth. He always preferred to be fed and left alone after his daily brushing. I have taken him to the vet over the years to see if there was something wrong with him, he was so strange for a cat. I believe if you get a cat, it's a lifetime commitment so we just continue to take care of him. At birth he was found under a house and ill, my guess is he was never properly weaned though we've had him since 3 months.
I like having two cats my cat who is with me is named Candie. She gets occasionally seizures and history of uti but I was glad to put her on 100% wet food diet. I regret giving up on Melody I tried super hard to put her on wet but she was still stubborn to the end

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kriswhitney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like having two cats my cat who is with me is named Candie. She gets occasionally seizures and history of uti but I was glad to put her on 100% wet food diet. I regret giving up on Melody I tried super hard to put her on wet but she was still stubborn to the end
Did you see what abby2932 wrote?
When people have to put their pets to sleep, they fall into one of the two camps of guilt:
- They made the decision too soon & have regrets for not doing more or trying harder
- They made the decision too late & regret that they made their pets suffer in their end days
For what its worth, that helped me a little with the regret part (and still dealing with the first one regretting not doing more) Hopefully time helps

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes I read it time will heal for us at least they aren't in pain I try thinking that. I wanted an urn but if I had one would I have panic episodes looking at it I have horrible anxiety. Did you cremated your cat or burried? I can't burry in apartment property but I did cremation where they sent it off to a pet cemetery

kriswhitney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes I read it time will heal for us at least they aren't in pain I try thinking that. I wanted an urn but if I had one would I have panic episodes looking at it I have horrible anxiety. Did you cremated your cat or burried? I can't burry in apartment property but I did cremation where they sent it off to a pet cemetery
Wow, again I felt the same; I was so beside myself with grief I couldn't think straight about aftercare. Had I still lived on Catalina we have a pet cemetery there; here in Phoenix didn't notice a pet cemetery and the only options the vet hospital mentioned were cremation OR cremation and return the ashes to ME. I would have constantly had anxiety attacks just at the thought of my cat in ashes. I was so unprepared, now that it's too late, I see there may have been pet cemetery options.

kriswhitney

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow, again I felt the same; I was so beside myself with grief I couldn't think straight about aftercare. Had I still lived on Catalina we have a pet cemetery there; here in Phoenix didn't notice a pet cemetery and the only options the vet hospital mentioned were cremation OR cremation and return the ashes to ME. I would have constantly had anxiety attacks just at the thought of my cat in ashes. I was so unprepared, now that it's too late, I see there may have been pet cemetery options.
*Probably not too healthy to dwell on this too much. I try to think about my pets life and avoid the negative.