Cat With Fip....advice Needed

harhardf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello. I am looking for advice or shared experiences with anyone who has had a cat with FIP.

My 4.5 year old cat, Paloma, was finally diagnosed with FIP a few weeks ago. For years we have been battling reoccurring uveitis and general eye leakage and boogers. Years ago a group of veterinary opthamologists ran every test under the sun to try and understand the uveitis but everything came back negative. We operated under the belief that it was aggressive herpes and supplemented with lysine daily.

A month ago we moved houses and her eye flared up with uveitis again. A new vet asked me to bring her in for bloodwork. It showed positive for FIP and chlamydia. The estimate in the best case scenario she has 4 more years of life. (she has dry FIP)

The uveitis disappeared in 2 days with 500mg of Lactoferrin daily (Saturday she hardly moved and on Sunday morning she was playing again, Monday it was clear). She is allergic to the preservatives that they put in the steroid drops so that doesn't work.

Soon she will go for an ultrasound to see if any granulomas are present in the abdomen but in general, she is healthy. She eats well (in every bowl there is a mix of lactoferrin, arginine, Vit C and lysine), she drinks well, she uses the bathroom regularly, and she plays like crazy.

Anyone have any experience and advice on how to elongate her life.

We also have two other cats (one is 2.5 years old and the other around 3 months) both found after Paloma and before the FIP diagnosis. One is negative for FIP (very strong immune system) and the other is still too young to test for FIP. They all LOVE each other. Its impossible to keep them apart (sleep, eat, play and use the bathroom together all 3).

Attachments