Cat With Broken Tail And Grooming

felipe89

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm the proud owner of a rescue cat, she's 1.5 years old and has the misfortune to go through life with a broken tail.

When I got her, I didn't know her tail 'didn't work' until I went to see a vet to have a general check on her who told me so. She doesn't feel anything, can't move it, etc. It's all fine now, but one thing I've noticed is that she doesn't even realize she has a tail... So when she grooms herself, she always omits to clean that part.

When I went to see the vet, she didn't say anything about it... but should I do it instead? And if so on what basis? Any recommendation for products?

She's an indoor cat, so her tail doesn't get that dirty I guess, but it always lays on the ground, so I guess it's dirtier than a regular indoor cat's tail.

Thank you and have a good day!

BlueJay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You could brush the tail if it's not really dirty, just to get loose hair and stuff off. I would only wash it if it starts to look dirty.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! As long as she is cleaning her "booty", she shouldn't really need much else. A moist hypoallergenic wipe to clean her tail every now and then should suffice - and just brush her tail when you brush the rest of her.