Cat with asthma, need cheaper option!

Lolbrandi18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty has been prescribed to use a Flovent inhaler but everywhere we look it’s $300. We simply can’t afford that especially long term :(

I was told buying overseas (especially Canada?) is a lot cheaper but I’m having trouble finding legit sites.
I don’t want to get scammed and my kitty really needs this inhaler to help her.

Any advice?
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Try Joe's Pet Meds out of Australia. I've used them in the past, and a careful reading of the labels assured me that I was getting the same active ingredients as brands that sold for 3 times the amount here.

THIS link goes to one of their flea products, but try as I might, I did not see the homepage. You should be able to find it from there!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You may want to join the Feline Asthma group and ask about where to buy Flovent for less: felineasthma groups.io Group

Inhouse Pharmacy | Prescription Medications Shipped Worldwide is one place that many people order from

The generic equivalent of Flovent (Fluticasone propionate) will also work and costs less.

You can ask the vet about alternative affordable medications to treat the asthma, if your cat's asthma is not too severe. Prednisolone can be given. It typically comes as pills but you can have it compounded into another form for easier giving.