Cat with a dog-like face

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
http://www.petrefuge.com/FRAMES%20CA...ith%20body.htm

These are cats from the shelter where I volunteer and I wanted to mention to the coordinator something about being quite sure I had never seen Romano before/would have remembered such a 'unique' look etc. without being too obvious - or worse crass and insulting.

So is this specific to a breed or is there a more professional way of describing or classifying that protruding of a "snout" nose appearance on a kitty ? Just out of curiosity. He's a fabulous cat health and personality-wise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Not sure which cat you are referring to - there are many on that page. Can you post a more specific picture?
Oh, sorry. He is Romano - the top cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elayman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catbehaviors

He looks perfectly normal to me... I can't think of any formal names for what you are talking about, though. I don't see why saying dog-like would be offensive.
Yeah, the featured cat is a doll. I would take him home if I could. Because the link didn't direct to the specific page.
Click on "Buddy Cats" button at the top and he is the first one you'll see.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok - the black one you are talking about. The only type of cat that has a longer nose like that is the Havana Brown - its a unique breed that has what is described as a "corn cob" muzzle - longer and squarer then most cats.

It may be this cat happens to have a Havana in the background. Havanas are not common but that's the only breed I can think of that would give that type of a face.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Ok - the black one you are talking about. The only type of cat that has a longer nose like that is the Havana Brown - its a unique breed that has what is described as a "corn cob" muzzle - longer and squarer then most cats.

It may be this cat happens to have a Havana in the background. Havanas are not common but that's the only breed I can think of that would give that type of a face.
Wow! I just now saw this. Romano DOES have a muzzle like a Havana !
I agree, even though they're not common, he definitely may have some Havana because that is certainly an unusual muzzle and they've been selectively bred for it.
I think Romano is a cute guy.