Cat Water Broke ,need Help!

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,am new owner and my 11 months kitten is pregnant and i saw a liquid coming out like sticky discharge 12 hours ago still no babies sign,since it is too young am concerned,its a stray cat which i adopted and i will spay it soon,please help me till when i should wait,please reply soon as possible,thank you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is she straining? If you are worried then you should call a vet for advice
No she is normal only, she is eating and drinking water too.But she is licking her vulva ,seems like the liquid is still coming now and then .Does this happen like after discharge of liquid does it take days to give birth?she looks fine that's why posted here to know if it's common or what to expect,I can see lot of baby moments in her tummy.

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just keep an eye on her she will let you know when she's close to having them good luck :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Discharge is normal in the days preceeding labor and delivery. Try to stay calm. :)

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our girl had a clear discharge for a couple of days before birth. She is a lovely girl. What is her name?

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our girl had a clear discharge for a couple of days before birth. She is a lovely girl. What is her name?
Thank you, her name is Siri.

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey thanks all, She gave birth to four beautiful kittens,am feeling so
overwhelmed :),she wanted me by her side all the time, this feeling is amazing, lots of love to cat lovers ,take care .

Ceeedge

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yay! Congrats to you and little miss Siri! The folks here are amazingly helpful if you need any advice.

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much!!! Am glad i found the site.

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey what can i feed her?she is not eating cat food, she is drinking only milk can i feed her boiled egg?

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking cow's milk? Do you have any KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement) or equivalent? Mix some with water and try feeding her that. It probably has a better fat and calorie mix than regular milk plus it has the various trace nutrients unique to cats not found in cow's milk. Remember. cats are lactose intolerant.

Hopefully some one more knowledgeable than I will provide information. Remember, she is a nursing mother. She will need more fat, protein, and fluid than a non nursing cat. In addition, try her regular dry and wet foods. Good luck!

Shru

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ohh,kitten milk replacement ? What is it we get in pet stores? Mmmm yea I'll try feeding her and doing lot of reseach for the same as to what to feed, she is not eating dry food

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
KMR or equivalent should be available from pet stores or maybe veterinarians. Also goat milk is recommended for kittens, so it should work for cat moms.