cat wash?

hunter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm not ready to give my kitty a full bath just yet, but i think he's scratching more than he should, before i jump into conclusion is it possible that a simple rub on his fur with a wet washcloth might do the trick?, i'm thinking that it might be some baby powder on his coat that make him itch.

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use cat bath wipes for Limerick they work great. but a wet wash cloth should work fine.

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've never been a fan of bathing cats, personally, so I wouldn't be able to give much advice on this. My feeling on it is this (unless your cat has long hair, which I have little experience with):

Cats do a VERY effective job at bathing, and in fact take quite a bit of pride in their job well done. I've found that it's rather imposing to try to bathe them, and offends them a bit...as if to say, "since you haven't done a good enough job, I'll do it".

One thing that might help is to give your kitty some tuna or salmon juice (just put it in a dish when you open a can of either). It gives them a bit extra of the natural oils that help their fur be as healthy as it can be. You'd see a big difference.

Maybe kitty can't handle having all the natural oils removed from the fur, and subsequently the skin, and it's drying his/her skin out.

May I ask why you bathe him/her?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maherwoman

I've never been a fan of bathing cats, personally, so I wouldn't be able to give much advice on this. My feeling on it is this (unless your cat has long hair, which I have little experience with):

Cats do a VERY effective job at bathing, and in fact take quite a bit of pride in their job well done. I've found that it's rather imposing to try to bathe them, and offends them a bit...as if to say, "since you haven't done a good enough job, I'll do it".

One thing that might help is to give your kitty some tuna or salmon juice (just put it in a dish when you open a can of either). It gives them a bit extra of the natural oils that help their fur be as healthy as it can be. You'd see a big difference.

Maybe kitty can't handle having all the natural oils removed from the fur, and subsequently the skin, and it's drying his/her skin out.

May I ask why you bathe him/her?
Actually in HUNTER's opening statement it says I'm not ready to give kitty a full bath yet.

HUNTER - You said he is scratching? Checked him for fleas?

maherwoman

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Actually in HUNTER's opening statement it says I'm not ready to give kitty a full bath yet.

HUNTER - You said he is scratching? Checked him for fleas?
Ah, ok...thanks. I stand corrected. Must have been a little crazy when I read that one! LOL!!

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I think the washcloth and warm water would be just fine. That's what I did before I started giving my cats baths.