Cat Wakes Up And Follows Whenever I Leave.

catquestions232

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey All,

I just wanted to see if any of you experience this with your cats. I can be loud as hell around my kitten (9mo old siberian), playing music, typing on the keyboard, watching tv, etc. She will simply curl up wherever she is (preferably on one of my old tshirts and sleep). I can ever roll a chair I'm sitting on around or move about the room , and she stays sound asleep. As soon as I leave the room, even one step out, she immediately perks up and watches for me to come back. If I don't come back quickly enough, she hops down from wherever she is perched and follows. It's pretty cute and also quite amazing how aware they are of their surroundings, even when asleep. Do your cats do this as well?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitty is showing that she loves you!! She wants to be with you!
Be thankful.. Take it as a compliment!!

My guy goes in spurts where he follows me around. Sometimes, I almost step on him.. It is usually when he is feeling poorly, or wants to play, or I have not been home for a while.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catquestions232

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Haha im totally thankful, its adorable. Today, she finally realized shes strong enough to jump up to my computer desk while I work. She sat down right in front of my monitor all content lol.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My cats are indoor/outdoor. I can go outside at pretty much anytime (even in days I normally work or odd ball times) and within about 5 minutes all three cats will appear. I've had people ask if I have a silent whistle (like a dog whistle) and joke that it's a cat convention whenever I am around. Usually the cats will start playing around or come up demanding petting. Sometimes they run back and forth until I follow them to something in the yard with them talking and looking back to make sure I keep following.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha im totally thankful, its adorable. Today, she finally realized shes strong enough to jump up to my computer desk while I work. She sat down right in front of my monitor all content lol.
So sweet!!! She really loves you!!:clap: :hearthrob: .. Enjoy it as long as you have her.. love her to death!! :redheartpump: :itslove:

When I am gone for a long time, especially at night; I have an automatic "Greeter", as soon as I open the door. Artie will be there waiting for me.. talking, or should I say, YELLING at me for leaving him for so long, when it is dark out!!!

I do leave night lights on, and the classical music station, plain softly on the radio, but he still YELLS at me!! :thud::redheartpump::catrub:

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are indoor/outdoor. I can go outside at pretty much anytime (even in days I normally work or odd ball times) and within about 5 minutes all three cats will appear. I've had people ask if I have a silent whistle (like a dog whistle) and joke that it's a cat convention whenever I am around. Usually the cats will start playing around or come up demanding petting. Sometimes they run back and forth until I follow them to something in the yard with them talking and looking back to make sure I keep following.
It's creepy right. You walk out of a room, take care of whatever you're doing, and when you turn around the cats have mysteriously appeared. Mine don't follow me like a dog - it's like they are on a slight delay

Geoffrey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many years ago we had a beach house on an island in Moreton Bay , near Brisbane. The cottage was on a high cliff head and a path wound down two hundred yards to the sandy beach. Our Burmese female, Susie, had had an eye removed after having been shot by an air gun pellet some months ago. She had been bred to Simon. a Siamese and we had one Tonkinese kitten remaining from the litter.

One night we went down the path to the beach with our Staffordshire Terrier, George, and were walking along when George suddenly ran behind us. I shone the torch back and there were five lit-up cat eyes following us; the three cats had gone out of the back cat door, along the path down to the beach and were following us along the sand. We would not have known that they were following in the dark if it were not for George running back to join them.

As you wrote, it was creepy as they were fast asleep when we had gone out....
Geoffrey

Last edited:

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are not alone. Mingo follows me around all day like a puppy and has to be in the middle of whatever I am doing. Lily follows, too, as far as Mingo will let her. He won't let her come into the spare room where the computer is - that's his territory - or sleep on my bed - again his territory. In the rest of the house, they are always with me. If I put on a coat and get out my keys, Mingo instantly goes to the back door and flops down in front of it to keep me from leaving.

Your cat wants to be close to you. Enjoy her loving companionship!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My girl is a semi feral, not into being petted or touched, but whenever I leave one room and head to another she is immediately there, or if I am behind a shut door, right outside waiting for me. I think even when cats are sleeping they are listening to the usual sounds we make, and wake at the slightest change or sound of footsteps.

mcfarjul

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When I walk into different rooms, mostly the kitchen my cat(s) will hop down from were ever they are resting and go to my location. I think it's cause they know there's human food that they can't eat.