Cat Vomiting

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, hello ppl, hurried and first post here. Basically, my cat who is 1yr old and a female(and possibly pregnant as she mated on 27th Nov) ate a cooked chicken bone(I didn't realise, I came into the room and she was crunching something off the table, we had chicken for dinner) around 30mins to an hour ago, and 5 minutes ago she just came up to my room and started making choking sounds, and then vomited. It's 2am here btw so can't really contact the vet, you see.

Give me advice please.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Call the vet anyways. There's most likely an after hours voicemail message with info on who to call for emergencies. Give that number a call. Cooked bones can splinter if ingested and cause internal perforations. Small bone fragments may get stuck between the teeth or irritate the gums.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your help, I phoned the voicemail number and I was told to keep an eye on her. If she vomits again tomorrow, I'm to phone my vets and probably go for a scan. She seems totally fine/normal though now so I hope the chicken bone is all out of her system.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please come back and let us know! You're new to us, but once you post about an issue, your cat becomes, in some small way, our cat as well, and we'll fret!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatDanger

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry for my late reply, thankfully the chicken bone incident didn't do her any harm. She was pregnant btw :)