Cat Vomiting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hiroxluna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That does look like bone fragments, and also looks like a partial blockage given the shape of the "air cone" in front of it. (the kitty is facing to the right in the photo you posted?) There's also the possibility that your kitty ate something like a piece of cloth that is not showing up on the Xray, and the bone fragments aren't the real problem.

A repeat Xray might help determine if the blockage has moved further along. If it has, I'd suggest making food with eggshell calcium instead of bone, adding some canned pumpkin, feeding lots of small meals, and talking to the vet about what other options there are for encouraging things to move along. Don't skimp on calcium for a 5 month old! If not, then at some point you may need to consider surgery to remove the blockage. Specific options depend on where in the GI tract it is - closer to the stomach or farther down?
No he’s facing the left side. The right side is his anus. The dark patch nearest to his anus is a pocket of gas.

I’ve been feeding him a self minced chicken thigh with raw meow mix powder in small portions. He stopped vomiting and pooping since Saturday.

Hasn’t been vomiting but no poop too.

I will bring him to the vet for an enema today and will consider another xray.

The past 2 X-rays did not show anything. With the barium test, we could see that the food was moving along the intestines very very slowly.