Young Cat
Purraise
He is a bit on the long side but when he sits he has the chunk

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update, he came back from the vet today and ate food and used the litter box too, I was over the moon by the sight of him acting normally. I also noticed a small piece of rubber in his litter which he excreted and it looked to be from a slipper. I am going to closely monitor him to watch if he needs any further intervention. I am so grateful for my baby

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh, I'm so happy to hear he's home, and eating and using the litter box. Poor baby. And poor you. Interesting about the piece of rubber. That could certainly be what caused his issue. Hope he's on his way to a full recovery now.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I also noticed a small piece of rubber in his litter which he excreted and it looked to be from a slipper. I am going to closely monitor him to watch if he needs any further intervention.
You had wondered this in your original post, so keep your eye on him. Can you check the slipper to see how much of it is missing?

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Way better.. he started running around, he’s eating completely normally and his litter habits are back to regular.

I had to remove the iv cannula from his paw which was very hard since the bandage was stuck to his fur and I had to trim his fur to free him from it and now he’s got a patchy leg haha.

One odd thing I noticed though is that he has a small bald spot near his head and I was very worried at first because I thought the vet mishandled my baby but after looking it up I realized it could be related to stress and he’s very scared of vets so that’s a possible explanation.

Other than that he’s back on his game, playful and loving as always. Thank god !!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Way better.. he started running around, he’s eating completely normally and his litter habits are back to regular.

I had to remove the iv cannula from his paw which was very hard since the bandage was stuck to his fur and I had to trim his fur to free him from it and now he’s got a patchy leg haha.

One odd thing I noticed though is that he has a small bald spot near his head and I was very worried at first because I thought the vet mishandled my baby but after looking it up I realized it could be related to stress and he’s very scared of vets so that’s a possible explanation.

Other than that he’s back on his game, playful and loving as always. Thank god !!
So glad to hear it! One of our cats ate a very small bit of stray yarn about a month ago and even that affected her so I can only imagine how bad things were with bits of rubber.

Fingers crossed that he doesn't do it again. And that you're able to hide and/or put away things he likes to eat. Among other measures, we cut tails off toy mice, store shoes with laces so the laces don't show, and throw away all rubber bands! Even so, she somehow found that little bit of yarn after going for years without an incident.

valentine445

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes after this incident I’ve explained to everyone in the house to look out for things that are too little or could be broken into smaller pieces as well as strings and ribbons and discard them immediately. I even donated our couch throws with fringes at the end.

Even the slippers he chewed off were known to be soft and easily ripped so we had them put in the garage, how he found them we have no idea as he isn’t even let out there! Nonetheless they were also gotten rid of.

I hope this serves as a lesson for all of us to be more careful than you need to because these little shits find a way to eat anything..