Cat Vomiting Food A Few Times A Month

bigluvgoboom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
I have been having this issue where my cat would throw up her food (still basically whole) soon after she ate it. It started like once a month but it feels like it has been occurring more often (a few times a month) so I have come to you. I believe she is throwing it up because she begs and begs for food hours before feeding time and when she does get feed (6:30 am and pm) she just basically breathes it in and eats it super fast. Also when she vomits the kibble is basically whole pieces not chewed up.
Do you have any ideas why she is throwing up and how could stop it? It’s getting really annoying noticing it right before bed or right before I leave for school, I’m also getting worried because it happens so much.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds as of she is eating to quickly. You could try feeding her in one of the slow feeders. If you feed wet, spread it out on a larger dish.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A trip to the vet would be a good idea to make sure your cat is ok and doesn't have any gastrointestinal issue or anything.

Do you feed only twice a day with no food left out for snacking on? Sometimes cats who go too long without eating will gobble up food as soon as they see it and then quickly vomit it back up. Try leaving a small amount of dry food out , 1/4 cup or so, during the day for your cat to snack on. Do you feed any canned food?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bigluvgoboom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It sounds as of she is eating to quickly. You could try feeding her in one of the slow feeders. If you feed wet, spread it out on a larger dish.

That’s what I was thinking I would need to do, that is a nicely priced one too so I’ll probably get that one. Thank you.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats with dental issues won't chew their kibble as much. Then again cats with healthy mouths don't chew their kibble much. Your kitty could be eating too fast or she could be developing gastrointestinal disorder. Or kidney disease. The point is, vomiting can mean a lot of things from small to serious. Please consider a vet visit.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seh is eating too fast for a reason, she is hungry! Leave a small amount of kibble that is fior weight management if you think she is gaining too much. How old is she? Cats should not be restricted at all under a year, and if she is active she may be burning a lot more calories than you think!

Burts

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Im going through the same thing!

A elevated dish helped a lot, i just ordered a dotpet slow feeder from amazon and will elevate that as well.. I also just put him on iams healthy digestion

Oliver always eats super fast and barely ever chews, his teeth is puurfect

Last edited: