Cat Vomit?

SlightlyIvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have a two year old Bob tail named Ivy. She's a sweetheart. Today as I was getting ready to go to bed I was placing one of her water cups (she'll only drink out of cups) in its normal spot and I notice this long, crumpled black string looking thing. Because I have hardwood floors I can see the dried up clear bile on the floor with it. I'm assuming she vomited it up. It broke into pieces when I cleaned it up and when I examined it it looked flat, like a twist tie for bread or something.

She's been eating, and playing, and cuddling normally. She still lets me stroke her belly. She's not had any abnormal poops that I've noticed, still eating and drinking.

I should have taken a picture of it but I didn't and I hope she just threw up a string??? Has anyone had this experience? I'm normally pretty careful about strings and the like but I'm only human. Doubtless something will get past me. I'm just like, could she have worms? Her foster mom had all her shots and treatments done in mid January/early February, just before I adopted her.

Help I'm freaking out. Not just because it might be worms but mostly that. It's the first time she's done anything like it

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be a multitude of things. Worms are almost always white, so it is more likely a piece of grass, plant, etc. or even a string that has partially digested. just observe her over the next couple of days and make sure she is using the litter box alright. The fact that she threw it up, is good.....

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat likes to play around strings and sometimes ends up eating them. He barfs them out the next day.
Just keep an eye on your cat for the next few days. Be cautious about her surroundings, and make sure there aren't any pieces of string nearby. If she barfs again, I would take her to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SlightlyIvy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah. She seems fine, and I've been watching her, so far nothing yet. If she does it again I will take her to the vet though.