Cat Vomit Thick Dark Brown Liquid!

bluerox4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

Today my girl Schne just vomited a pretty long furball along with some thick dark brown liquid. It didn't have a strong smell or anything, but it did *look* like poo! I've never seen this before.

Schne is acting fine, eating and drinking okay both before and after the vomit. She vomited another two times in this past week, but it wasn't dark brown and thick like this.

I knew she was going to cough up a furball, because she eats her own fur (the ones that float around the house), and she's in much need of a trim/shave (monetary reasons for the delay).

Is this something I should be worried about? Has anyone seen their cat do this? Could this be a sign to something worse? Bringing her to the vet tomorrow, but since it's almost midnight here, I'd really just like to get some peace of mind! Gah!

Thanks everyone, in advance! I attached a picture, but the quality is terrible, I was in quite of a panic :doh:

(( Also, a side note, she's been peeing outside the litter box for a while now too, but it's at a specific spot, in which one of her litterboxes used to be. I don't think it's related, but worth a mention ))

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My big guy has faked my partner out a number of times with a poo-lookalike upchucked hairball. Also, there are shedding mitts (I've gotta get one of those!) and brushes you could try that might help - I have long black cat hairs all over my phone screen as I'm typing this. Hang in there, it never hurts to get things checked out to be on the safe side, especially with the other vomits she experienced.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah, Hekitty has presented me with those a few times. It's quite a shock the first time. That is semi-digested food that came back with the hairball. It looks far worse than it is. NOW...if she continues doing that several times a day, ignore what I said before, and get her checked! But once...it's part of the wonderful world of cat-yack.

Shedding gloves are GREAT! I've found that they are far better than brushes for removing loose hair, and the hair tends to cling to the glove, so not as much is floating around for her to eat later!