Cat Urine

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I really had no idea where to post this.

I had to take my kitty to the vet. On the way she peed in her carrier which leaked in the car. I can't get it out. Ive tried several home remidies and today im gonna go buy something .But ive seen several products like natures miracle tge orange bottle one site 92 percent recommends it another doesnt. I've seen clorox urine remover and others. I don't want to buy 15 products any advice?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I like the Nature's Miracle products.

If your car is parked in a secure area keep the windows open for a day while it dries out fully.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Redwolfstorm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its not in a secure area i was thinkinh avouy sitting out there all day. I had carpet cleaner that i tried and it didnt work .But it did take old urine out of a pair of jeans. I thought i lost my fav jeans 6 months ago. Found at my moms crusty in urine in her garage. I decided to soak tgem in a 5 gal bucket for 2 days in carpet cleaner and water. It completely took the smell out and i didnt think it would. Its hot here so hard to keep it going on car seats

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd probably start at 9ish, about an hour before it starts to really warm up. Spray the area with the Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer (my preferred) and let it sit for the hour (at least that's what mine says). I'd probably just hangout in the front seat reading a book since it isn't a secure area to leave the windows open. Remove any residue or remaining moisture with a clean clothes. Then head to a park nearby and park the car in the sun near a shady spot. Read aforementioned book for another hour with the car essentially baking to dry it out more.

Do keep in mind chemicals can stain so it would be wise to do a test spot in a less visible location. Spray a small amount under the edge of the seat and let sitfor an hour then check. Also, some smells can end up setting if you use something that makes it chemically bond first. If whatever you try doesn't work, I'd see about hiring a professional detailer to see if they can get the smell out instead of trying multiple solutions just to make it worse.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Go with the nature’s Miracle. I had an elderly relative have a major bladder accident in the front passenger seat of my car and I poured a full bottle of it into the seat. I have never had a single odor even on the hottest days.

MeganLLB

Accidental Ailurophile
Top Cat
Purraise
You have to use natures miracle first. It won't work if you use another product and then try it. But my suggestion would be to use the natures miracle first- let if soak in for a day and dry up then use Odoban. That got the smell out of my car and out of my foam couch cushions.