Cat trying to walk after vomiting, but is unable

ashesmomma96

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our girl cat is our oldest, between 10-12 years old. According to a previous roommate, he would often see her go through "fits" where she essentially flops around, tried to walk and when she does looks like she's in a lot of pain and unstable.

I have witnessed this happen before, but she normally lies down for five or ten minutes and is then back to normal. A week ago, she had one of these "fits" and it lasted much longer than usual. She won't let us touch her during it, makes no sound as if she is in pain, and simply wobbles and limps around. If she is on the ground she writhes her legs to her body as if in pain, but again makes no sound when we try and touch her.

Today, after throwing up, she had another one of these fits. They are usually much farther apart,and with her increasing age and frequency of attacks I'm wondering what this could be? We are taking her to the vet on Tuesday. Thank you for your help

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if these 'fits' are seizures. Try videoing one to show the Vet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it could be epilepsy is something similar.  Have you ever discussed with the Vet before?