Cat Trees

musicalbookworm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have one of the expensive trees from Petco and an Amerkat tree from gopetclub.com. I love the tree from Petco--sturdy as all get out and I can put it anywhere. The Amerkat tree has to be against a wall and is not nearly as sturdy. My cats are ~average sized females and it seems to work ok, I can't imagine it for large cats at all. The Amerkat trees have fleece rather than carpet.

Angie

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Armarkat offers fleece or carpeted trees. i have 2 trees from them - a tall one [attached to the wall] & a smaller one. they also offer free shipping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to get my cat tree soon!
It's around five feet tall (shorter than I'd really like, but it'll do) and has tan carpeting. It's used, but is in good condition. The top perch is a bit wobbly but my dad will be able to fix that no problem.
The best part is that it was originally $200 but I'm getting it for $25!

snickersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For all of you that have cat trees, especially the really tall ones, do you have to do anything to keep them steady, like bolt them to the floor or anything? I have been wanting to get one for Snickers for a while but I wasn't sure that a tall tree would stay upright with a 14 lb. kitty jumping around on it. I'd hate to have a cat tree fall on her! Am I just being paranoid or are you supposed to do something to keep cat trees stable?

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i have my tall one attached to the wall. prior to that, it would kinda wobble - worried me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't get it. It was not in good condition at all - was obviously very well loved by other cats and was very snarly and snaggy. I'll have to keep looking for another.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnickersMom

Laureen, how did you go about attaching it to a wall?
L-bracket. altho, they should be called 7-brackets, since that's how you use them...

ronnycage

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
wow alot of great info on where to get one of these. I have been tossing the idea around of making one for my 2 but it seems im probably going to check out a couple of these sites. I keep reading that bunnies play on them too so that'l make my girlfriend let me throw a couple extra dollars down for one. I'l post a pic soon. they got their self cleaning litter box this week so they need to wait a bit longer before I give them something else!