Cat Trees are they the cats meow in your home?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@Jenn812 that is a very smart cat tree. 
   Your fur family look very at home there so you'd never know they'd just moved in, but the best bit is the face on your ginger kitty in that bottom left picture. 
That sure is one happy cat face!  That little toy is not going to last long if your cat has anything to do with it. 
  Excellent photo.

jenn812

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Jenn812 that is a very smart cat tree. :D    Your fur family look very at home there so you'd never know they'd just moved in, but the best bit is the face on your ginger kitty in that bottom left picture. :crackup: That sure is one happy cat face!  That little toy is not going to last long if your cat has anything to do with it. :lol3:   Excellent photo.
No kidding! He likes hanging toys but unless they are attached with metal (like this one us) he chews them down in about 5 seconds!

adaline

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Adaline is going to get jealous if she sees all these amazing trees you guys have. I bought her a smallish condo type one because I saw it on sale and she needed something to scratch on.

I put a few of her toys on it to tempt her to use it, since she is sometimes wary of new things.

That didn't work so well... Look at that stubborn look on her face! She knew she was supposed to be sitting on that instead of my chair, but she clearly refused.

So I tried food next. That worked, which was no surprise, since she's a total chowhound.

Now she is often to be found, lounging on top of it--no bribery required.

I am definitely thinking of getting her something bigger, but this works for now. I don't have any pictures, but she also likes to hide in the bottom compartment when she is planning to pounce on her toys.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Now she is often to be found, lounging on top of it--no bribery required.

I am definitely thinking of getting her something bigger, but this works for now. I don't have any pictures, but she also likes to hide in the bottom compartment when she is planning to pounce on her toys.
Oh, that's great--I love the food bribe!!    LOL'

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My 2 love their tree.  We've had this one at least 6 years now; probably longer.  It's still in great shape!

You can see the cat hair that has collected inside the cubby from frequent use. 

Last edited:

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We adopted our two cats a few weeks ago, and while they've always been mildly interested in it, they've really been spending a lot of time on the cat tree the last week or so. It's an Armarkat, and I think 68". Unfortunately I don't have a wide shot showing the entire tree, but here they are napping. George on the top, Dory below him.

joe dimeowgio

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering, but do the cats scratch more on the poles or the carpet?  Mine seem to like wood the best, and I read that they like to scratch as a means of stretching their backs.  But I think they also scratch the carpet on the floor sometimes just to show off, at least I think that's what mine does.  I have a scratching post of cedar block which the cat uses all the time but kitty still scratches the carpet as if in display of something (he always looks so proud doing it).  I see the cat towers all generally have poles wrapped in carpet but they also sell corrugated cardboard scratching pads, I wonder what works better?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I'm really pushed for space in my place, so a local manufacturer made me this 'high rise'.

After much carrying on, Sundar has pretty well staked his claim for the top bunk.  That's him, curled up, heavily disguised as a furry cushion.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Just wondering, but do the cats scratch more on the poles or the carpet?  Mine seem to like wood the best, and I read that they like to scratch as a means of stretching their backs.  But I think they also scratch the carpet on the floor sometimes just to show off, at least I think that's what mine does.  I have a scratching post of cedar block which the cat uses all the time but kitty still scratches the carpet as if in display of something (he always looks so proud doing it).  I see the cat towers all generally have poles wrapped in carpet but they also sell corrugated cardboard scratching pads, I wonder what works better?
Mine have always liked to scratch the tall, sisal-covered poles, not the surfaces where they lie. We have an Oriental rug in our living room that was being used to sharpen claws. Jamie stopped when he got some small sisal rugs to use, but the only thing that stopped Mogli was a cardboard scratcher. He loves the big "shaped" ones he can climb on top of. He also hasn't scratched our teak kitchen chairs since getting his "mouse" cardboard scratcher.

burkey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

One of mine likes to scratch the sisal rope on the vertical posts, and my other cat prefers horizontal cardboard scratchers on the floor. Neither of them have shown any interest in scratching the flat carpeted surfaces of the tree. None of the posts are wrapped in carpet (all sisal), so I don't know if a vertical carpet would be of any interest to them or not.

lamiatron

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
We have purchased several Armarkat and Kitty Mansions trees. Currently saving up to purchase the Kitty Mansions Amazon tree.

Here is the most recent purchase for the rescue. It's the Armarkat 82" tree. Probably my favorite so far!