Cat Tree!

stephiedoodle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lilly has a two pole cat tree with a nest bed a high top perch ladder and hidy hole both of the latter see little use but the former a lot. Now recently when she's been running/jumping up to the higher levels I've noticed the tree rocking forward! I'm worried about her and it falling! I cant attach it to the wall with a strap as the landlord is very picky and will hit the roof for the few pictures and clock I have hung never mind securing a cat tree to the wall. So How can I weight it down at the bottom and back so this doesn't happen?

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Mine has quite a big box as the base. It's got one of Mr Husband's 5 kilo weight lifting weights and a big cushion in front of that. Is your's big enough to but in a couple of heavy weights in?

Sand bags might work, with a soft cushion on top.

Just brain storming here......

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could try putting "barriers" to the cat tree if you have the space. Maybe a sturdy box in front of the cat tree - like a speed bump, the idea is to slow kitty down so that she doesn't run at jump full speed at the tree. Something that she can climb onto to get on the tree.