Cat Tree Questions

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The spacing between the ledges might be too far for a kitten. They also look pretty flimsy and thin and the entire tree might topple over unless you attach it to a wall with furniture safety straps. Don't underestimate the amount of force a kitten can exert while running up and down the tree at top speed and launching off a ledge. I wouldn't try one of those trees until the kitten is at least 6 months old.

Cat furniture by CatsPlay - CatsPlay Superstore has some good cat furniture in all shapes and sizes. You may be able to find something similar on Amazon. This modular system is fairly inexpensive: Kitty City - COMBINE ITEMS You can take the pieces apart and rebuild a completely new structure to keep the kitten entertained.

Or invest in a sturdy solid wood tree that will last for years.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with LTS3 LTS3 . The base on that cat tree looks awfully small. I wouldn't trust it to stand up by itself, never mind when an active cat is jumping on it. Look for something with a larger footprint unless you're going to attach it to a wall.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover384

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The spacing between the ledges might be too far for a kitten. They also look pretty flimsy and thin and the entire tree might topple over unless you attach it to a wall with furniture safety straps. Don't underestimate the amount of force a kitten can exert while running up and down the tree at top speed and launching off a ledge. I wouldn't try one of those trees until the kitten is at least 6 months old.

Cat furniture by CatsPlay - CatsPlay Superstore has some good cat furniture in all shapes and sizes. You may be able to find something similar on Amazon. This modular system is fairly inexpensive: Kitty City - COMBINE ITEMS You can take the pieces apart and rebuild a completely new structure to keep the kitten entertained.

Or invest in a sturdy solid wood tree that will last for years.
I agree with LTS3 LTS3 . The base on that cat tree looks awfully small. I wouldn't trust it to stand up by itself, never mind when an active cat is jumping on it. Look for something with a larger footprint unless you're going to attach it to a wall.
im attaching it to the wall and ceiling, but ill check out those websites. thanks!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover384

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
can someone recommend me a good cat tree that is narrow (I don't have that much space)