Cat Treats?

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone know of some good cat treats? Maisie loves these soft Whiskas treats I bought, but I think they are making her throw up, so I wanted to find something similar. The treats would need to be soft because she has a broken tooth that I don't have the money to get pulled right now so the soft foods are easier for her.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whatever you can do to get that tooth extracted, do it!

My Krista had a broken tooth. I didn’t know it was broken. I just knew she had some dental pain. I thought since she was still eating, it could wait. And then she stopped eating.

I took her into the vet to get the dental done and come to know that she has some liver and gallbladder issues. Both very treatable if she didn’t also have the dental issues. Krista put up a fuss during the ultrasound and got sedated. Once sedated, she got the extractions I was told we’d have to wait on the liver for because those blood results made her a poor candidate for anestheisa. Tomorrow she gets a feeding tube because her liver and gallbladder still need attention and she’s not going to be able to restart eating on her own in meaningful amounts anytime soon and we can’t wait on her liver/gallbladder any longer. I had an estimate before the feeding tube. But I’m guessing that number, not a small one to begin with, may double before I finally get to take Krista home.

So for your cat’s sake, and your wallet’s sake, take care of that tooth now because it can get sooo much more expensive if you wait!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the meantime, Krista really likes Tiki Cat tuna mousse toppers. Except poor girl won’t even take a lick right now. I bought a bag of those and told the vet staff to just keep replacing what’s in her bowl. Don’t even bother with real food. If she won’t lick her usual treat/bribe, she’s not going to touch the food.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I ordered these on sale from Chewy the other night and here's Tallulah and Alasdair's first try.... Quite a hit, especially with Tallulah!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
February is National Pet Dental Health month in the US. Some vets may offer discounts on dentals.

Try soaking freeze dried meat treats in water until soft. Or try plain cooked meat, shredded diced into easy to eat pieces.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Tiki Cat has a treat called Stix which are like a mousse texture treat. There are also several broth or lickable treats

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lelia's eating these Zuke's Purrz which are kind of soft and gummy, but I almost feel like she has to chew them more than she did the last bag I had (Blue Wilderness - I tend to pick up free bags of treats at places so they change) because of it, so I'd think a pouch sort of slurry treat might work best.

lisamarie12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whole Life single ingredient meat treats, turkey or chicken (can be easily rehydrated), Pure Bites, Bravo -- all just one ingredient, meat.