Cat Treats Why Lol

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I bought my beloved furry babies so part mix cat treats. It says on the package 2 treats per pound do not exceed 10 per day. I' just wondering if anyone knows why. And they lovery them by the way lol.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's kind of an arbitrary number. Their just saying make sure not to feed too many treats. Party Mix is junk food for cats, so of course it should be enjoyed in moderation.

Also cat food is very specifically balanced to contain the right ratio of nutrients and supplements, but cat treats are not, so if a cat is getting a large amount of their daily calories from treats it could throw off that ratio and lead to deficiencies over time.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder what they put in them that makes cats love them so much. Every night when I bring my two rowdy ones to their place to sleep, I always get them there by saying "let's go get a treat!" And I had better have some, they are very vocal until they get one!

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll tell you what, Violet is the first cat to not like treats. We tried a few diff brands and she much prefers to hunt any deli or fresh meat when we're making meals at the counter lol. If it were Charlie he would have gobbled down an entire packet. Cats are weird...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My finicky cat just jumps for them he is kinda skinny and he eats bbuuuuttt I was thinking I could crush 3 over his dry food or wet to get him to gobble it down he is a grazer and always had been :/

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My finicky cat just jumps for them he is kinda skinny and he eats bbuuuuttt I was thinking I could crush 3 over his dry food or wet to get him to gobble it down he is a grazer and always had been :/
Does he like canned food or any other stuff like meat, cooked or raw, etc.?
He might graze because food is there 24/7 and the need to eat a meal isn't there. Back in the stone age when I free fed our cats, they grazed and never really ate a good meal. Our cats are on a 2-3 times a day schedule (I try to feed lunches or at least a mid day snack, but I forget!), and they eat good this way.
FWIW, if he loves the treats I say let him have some! Parmesan cheese sprinkled onto food sometimes entices a big meal and some cats go nuts for forti-flora!
Happy treat-time =)

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is fortI flora

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Parmesean cheese isn' bad for your cat? I' have never thought lol!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Parmesan cheese is a hard cheese so it contains less lactose. You can also finely grate it so it doesn't take much.
I had my partner hand out treats yesterday while I was in the kitchen floor making a monthly batch of cat food.
I swear he gave Princess Yue Pants like 14 treats from the Party Mix in a little pile.
I started laughing and hollered "I ONLY GIVE HER FOUR!".
He has his way of parenting. I have mine. lol