Cat Toy Recs For Chewers

wealthy1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Missy and Buddy have a tendency to CHEW & EAT & LICK - EVERYTHING! They have consumed pieces of their toys - and my bra strap - and my cords, wires and even a piece of my sofa pillow......and Lord knows what else.

Are there any cat toys that are tough enough to withstand my cats teeth? Im avoiding yarn or anything that can be easily digestible.

Pleas I need help.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Petstages makes some dental chew toys for cats. Kitty Kong is another toy a cat can chew on. It's similar to a Kong toy for dogs but not so hard.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Go to the baby section at Target or Wal-Mart. I used baby toys when my cat was 5 weeks

Docs Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Good question ! Roxie has lots of toys to "play" with. But when she is in a chewing mood she goes for hair brush handles, remotes, any object that is hard and plastic. She got done with teething almost a year ago..

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Saipha has pica and used to eat all her toys until I discovered the tuffy line of dog toys. The tuffy Jr ones are small and light enough for cats. It took Saipha over a year to break through the seam.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kong toys, and other similar dog toys made out of that fire hose canvas type material. Just watch out for the dangly ears, tails, and fluffy appendages that are on those types of toys.
For me, those types of toys either last forever, or 30 minutes. If he REALLY likes them, 30 minutes is a record. Then it has to be taken away before he's swallowing stuffing. (sometimes not an easy job).
The ones that last a long time? I have no idea. He chews on them and plays with them every day, but, for some reason...more gentle. Have no idea why.
If it has any type of dangly appendage? I have to cut those off before giving him the toy. He'll eat those right off and there's no taking something like that away from him. :lol: