Cat toy ideas

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I’m always looking for more ideas to keep my cat amused and stimulated and mentally healthy. She has a wide array of toys and I was just looking to see if anyone else had any ideas on keeping her mind stimulated. I also wanted to share the toys that she already has so that maybe my ideas can help others too.

Toys she has and likes
Crinkle tunnels
Pop up cubes
Treat maze
Ripple rug
The maze haven (cardboard maze made for bunnies, but it really is big enough for cats)
Cat towers
5 foot tall scratching posts that double as climbing posts
Just boxes in general
Window box
Window ledges
Electric fish that swim in water
springs
Feathers
Wand toys
Her kicker toy I made out of an old sock

Toys she has and doesn’t like:
Electric toys such as the ones that spin
The butterfly ball
Catnip toys
Balls
Her kicker toy I bought
The mouse toy you could wind up and would move
These cardboard tunnels from Home Depot that were supposed to be concrete forming tubes.
laser pointers (sadly)

The thing is I want to ensure she is getting all the stimulation she needs and deserves so I try to rotate some toys such as the cardboard maze because it is rather big, so that it’s like a new toy when I bring it out. I like toys that are collapsible for that reason. I want her to like electric toys but she’s not usually a fan of electric toys. I think because part of the fun of playing is playing with me, which I can get.

but basically if anyone has any toys that their cat loves, ones that you buy or ones that you make are all welcome. I do like making things, partly because Mia loves it when I’m making things and lays on all the things I’m making, but I know not all things are make-able.

thanks for any suggestions! This isn’t like an urgent issue or anything, just looking for different people to give me different ideas for things I may not have thought of. And maybe my toy ideas will help others. The maze haven is a toy I feel lots if cats would like even though it’s meant for bunnies.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use kitchen foil, roll a small amount into a ball ( about the size of a big marble). I throw it acrosss the floor for mine to chase and toss it into the air for them to jump at. Electric cable ties are another that keeps them occupied. Feathers I find outside, wash them and join a few together, tie to a piece of string and pull along the floor.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Balls - sparkle balls, crinkle balls, rubber balls and Golf balls
Water bottle treat dispenser - just cut a few treat size holes with a xacto knife
Tissue paper
Fuzzy mice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hahaha I’ve heard of tin foil balls being a cat favorite but I’ve never personally tried them. Mia seems to be more of a feather oriented cat but I’ll have to try those since they’re super easy. I have done the water bottle treat dispenser before and she likes that, and I havn’t shown her tissue paper but have given her that brown packing paper and she loves it 😂 So maybe I’ll try some tissue paper too.

Thanks for your responses guys

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Paper bags, crinkle balls (On the plus side they're super cheap if your cat likes to shred them like mine does), bottle caps, and the occasional rouge fly in the apartment.

AndyBr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Those crinkle fish - cloth on the outside and crinkle on the inside - my cat likes.
My recently passed cat only liked the electronic toy that rotated under a cloth. (But no other electric toys.)