Cat throwing up dark brown liquid

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was out of town for the past three days and left my cats in the care of my grandmother. Yesterday I called her and she said one of my cats (Chunky) didn’t want to eat that much and was throwing up dark brown liquid. She said it kind of looked like black coffee. Chunky apparently threw up that liquid about five or six times yesterday. She then threw up about three or four more times today. I just got home and the vet office is closed. I’m going to try to get an appointment first thing tomorrow morning. I just wanted to know if anyone knows what might be the cause of this. The only thing I can think of is her ingesting feathers from her feather toy. I usually don’t let them play with it unsupervised but my grandmother didn’t know that and let them have it overnight.
I attached some pictures, the darker one is from yesterday and the lighter ones are from today.
F7CE8216-72BE-4CA7-BFA9-B327D3925CFB.jpeg
8480FDC7-E0A9-4442-AAB3-026956614643.jpeg
26734767-560A-4682-8220-616C20F6F419.jpeg

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's throwing up that much, she needs to get to the vet to rule out an obstruction. Is she pooping? Look for lethargy, hiding, uncomfortable sitting/laying down, and no pooping as signs of distress that require a trip to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ChunkyNaomBaby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she's throwing up that much, she needs to get to the vet to rule out an obstruction. Is she pooping? Look for lethargy, hiding, uncomfortable sitting/laying down, and no pooping as signs of distress that require a trip to the vet.
Im not sure if she is pooping, like I said earlier I just got back an hour ago. My grandmother doesn’t really go upstairs because of her joints and that is where their litter boxes are. She is hiding under the couch right now. I’m going to schedule an appointment for the vet right when they open tomorrow morning.

MaxiG

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not sure if you have already been to the vet and gotten this all figured out but when Max was throwing up dark liquid like that he was severely constipated, they had to do an enema to get him all cleared out. They told me he was vomiting because things where still going in(he was eating fine) but could not come out so basically it had to find its way out which is why he was vomiting